The School of Social Work is in the business of seeking solutions to the most pressing social issues of our day through rigorous research, academic innovation and public engagement. Your generous support helps the School of Social Work to:
- Educate the next generation of leaders, who may otherwise have to forgo graduate training.
- Invest in a world-class faculty who advance knowledge, give life to new ideas, influence generations of students and shape the future of public service.
- Provide transformative learning and field research, which are essential to the education of effective social work leaders, practitioners and researchers.
The following giving options are based on the Dean’s funding priorities:
- Social Work Students First Fund
This fund provides need-based scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students. Contributions make a significant impact in the lives of talented students entering the social work field.
- Social Work Development Fund
This fund is used at the Dean’s discretion to recruit the best students, retain top faculty, sustain critical community programs, support innovative research, and purchase state-of-the art educational equipment.
- Minority and Students with Disabilities Scholarship Fund
This fund helps minority and students-with-disabilities who are interested in working directly with underserved ethnic minorities, disadvantaged and individuals with disabilities.
- Doctoral Excellence Fund
This fund supports the nationally recognized doctoral program and covers costs for conference and travel expenses, special events, and dissertation research-related expenses.
For a complete list of School of Social Work funds, please go to the UW Foundation and select the fund you're interested in.
Planned Giving: For information on how to make a gift of appreciated stock or through planned giving, please go to UW Planned Giving, or contact:
Assistant Dean for Advancement
School of Social Work