Your first step is to apply to the UW School of Social Work MSW degree program. Applicants must receive an offer of admission before applying to CWTAP. Applicants who are offered admission to the MSW program will receive an email invitation to apply to CWTAP along with an application packet.
All applications must be submitted by the application deadline. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified after the deadline if their applications are complete.
All non-Children’s Administration employee applicants must successfully complete a background check and a check of state records regarding reports of child abuse and neglect. Because CWTAP applicants may be future CA employees, applicants must also provide documentation verifying employment eligibility within the United States. CA employees must obtain the approval of their local regional administrator to be considered for CWTAP.
You must submit the following materials to complete the application process.
- CWTAP application form
- Your resume
- Copy of your UW School of Social Work MSW acceptance letter
- Two letters of reference
- Regional administrator’s approval (for CA Employees only)
- Typewritten, two-page essay describing your interested in public child welfare work
- Completed background-check authorization form (CA employees exempt)
- Completed employee eligibility (I-9) form (CA employees exempt)
- Photocopies of your Social Security card and picture identification such as a driver’s license or passport.