The mission of the Child Welfare Training and Advancement Program is to recruit and develop highly skilled, culturally competent public child-welfare social workers through a partnership between the state’s Children’s Administration and participating Washington state universities. We encourage the participation of Children’s Administration employees and those preparing for employment in the Children’s Administration. Participants earn graduate-level professional knowledge and skills through an integration of instruction, practice and research.
- Develop a curriculum that integrated Children’s Administrations best practices and initiatives with classroom learning and field education experiences.
- Develop student competency in evidence-based practice strategies.
- Retain highly skilled social workers committed to public child welfare service.
- Train public child welfare social workers to practice in a culturally competent manner.
- Provide services that produce positive outcomes for children and families while ensuring child safety, permanency and well-being.
- Provide ongoing evaluation to measure CWTAP’s success in reaching its goals.