Winter 2019 BASW Open House
Prospective Bachelor of Arts in Social Welfare (BASW) students are invited to join us for the BASW Open House on January 30th, 2019! Please register in advance, to help us plan appropriately for food and seating needs (registered guests will receive an email reminder). This event is free and open to the public.
REGISTRATION: Click here to register for the Jan. 30th BASW Open House
WHEN: Wednesday, January 30th, 2019 (6:00-8:00 p.m.)
WHERE: UW School of Social Work, Room 305 | 4101 15th Avenue NE, Seattle WA 98105
WHY: Offered right when the BASW departmental application for admission becomes available, this is a terrific opportunity for prospective BASW students to meet current BASW students and staff, enjoy free food, get helpful admission and financial aid/funding tips, and get excited about the February launch of the BASW departmental application for Fall 2019 admission. Fall 2019 BASW applicants will especially benefit from opportunities to get timely advice about the application process. Free food will be provided!
This event will cover:
- What is Social Welfare/Why Pursue a BASW?
- Meet BASW Professors and School of Social Work Staff
- BASW Program Overview and Student Services/Resources
- Community Service Learning and BASW Practicum
- BASW Current Student Panel Q&A
- BASW Admissions and Financial Aid
NOTICE TO PROSPECTIVE UW TRANSFER APPLICANTS:
If you are not yet enrolled as a student at UW's Seattle campus, you'll need to submit two separate applications for admission:
- UW transfer student application, for admission to the University of Washington. Prospective UW transfer students should review the UW transfer admission website for details, timelines and requirements. Deadlines vary, based on your intended quarter of admission.
- BASW application for departmental admission to the Autumn 2019 BASW program (will become available in February 2019, with an April 15th deadline to apply). Note: UW's Autumn 2019 transfer application deadline (February 15, 2019) is earlier than our departmental BASW application, which does not become available until February. Transfer students should plan ahead and must apply for general university admission, in addition to departmental admission to the BASW program.
FAFSA & WASFA:
Over half of UW undergraduates receive financial aid. Applying for financial aid is separate from your application(s) for admission. The UW uses the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and for undocumented students living in Washington, the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA). For priority aid consideration, be sure that you have submitted your FAFSA/WASFA by January 15 for the upcoming school year, even if you don’t know whether you will be offered admission. For more details, visit: http://admit.washington.edu/costs/aid
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING:
The School of Social Work building is located at 4101 15th Avenue NE (across from Schmitz Hall). Click here for detailed directions and information about parking options; a UW campus map is also available. As we are unable to offer guests free parking, public transportation is encouraged.
Guests can purchase parking permits for on-campus garages, including the Central Plaza Garage located at the intersection of 15th Avenue NE and NE 41st Street, directly across from the School of Social Work building. This is the closest garage parking, but does require payment. See the UW Transportation Services parking page for details about this and other campus garage parking options.
The School of Social Work building is located at 4101 15th Avenue NE (across from Schmitz Hall). The building's front entrance is wheelchair accessible, and elevators are available. To request disability accommodation, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 (voice), 206-543-6452 (TTY), 206-685-7264 (fax), or firstname.lastname@example.org preferably 10 days in advance.
Contact Dave Morrin, UW School of Social Work Recruitment Coordinator, at email@example.com or 206.685.2425.