Prospective Bachelor of Arts in Social Welfare (BASW) students are invited to attend one or both of our BASW Open House events! Please register in advance, to help us plan for food and seating needs (registered guests will receive an email reminder). Both events are free and open to the public.
AUTUMN BASW Open House | Wednesday, November 13th, 2019 (6:00-8:00 p.m.)
- Please register here for the November 13th, 2019 BASW Open House
WINTER BASW Open House | Wednesday, January 15th, 2020 (6:00-8:00 p.m.)
- Please register here for the January 15th, 2020 BASW Open House
BASW Open House
Where: UW School of Social Work, Room 305 | 4101 15th Avenue NE, Seattle WA 98105
Why: This is a terrific opportunity for prospective students to meet current BASW students and staff, enjoy free food, get helpful admission and financial aid/funding tips, and get excited about the late January launch of the BASW departmental application for Fall 2020 admission. Guests will receive timely tips and advice about the application process, prerequisites, and funding. Free food! Tentative agenda (subject to change) includes:
- What is Social Welfare/Why Pursue a BASW?
- Meet BASW Professors and School of Social Work Staff
- BASW Program Overview and Student Services/Resources
- Community Service Learning and BASW Practicum
- BASW Current Student Panel Q&A
- BASW Admissions and Financial Aid
NOTICE TO PROSPECTIVE UW TRANSFER APPLICANTS:
If you are not yet enrolled as a student at UW's Seattle campus, you'll need to submit two separate applications for admission:
- UW transfer student application, for admission to the University of Washington. Prospective UW transfer students should review the UW transfer admission website for details, timelines and requirements. Deadlines vary, based on your intended quarter of admission.
- BASW application for departmental admission to the Autumn 2020 BASW program (will become available in late January 2020, with an April deadline to apply). Note: UW's Autumn 2020 transfer application deadline (February 15, 2020) is earlier than our departmental BASW application, which does not become available until February. Transfer students should plan ahead and must apply for general university admission, in addition to departmental admission to the BASW program.
FAFSA & WASFA/FINANCIAL AID:
Over half of UW undergraduates receive financial aid. Applying for financial aid is separate from your application(s) for admission. The UW uses the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and for undocumented students living in Washington, the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA). For priority aid consideration, be sure that you have submitted your FAFSA/WASFA by January 15 for the upcoming school year, even if you don’t know whether you will be offered admission. For more details, visit: http://admit.washington.edu/costs/aid. Undocumented students are encouraged to explore Immigrants Rising and UW's Leadership Without Borders resources.
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING:
The School of Social Work building is located at 4101 15th Avenue NE in Seattle (across from Schmitz Hall). Click here for detailed directions and information about parking options; a UW campus map is also available. As we are unable to offer guests free parking, public transportation is encouraged.
Guests can purchase parking permits for on-campus garages, including the Central Plaza Garage located at the intersection of 15th Avenue NE and NE 41st Street, directly across from the School of Social Work building. This is the closest garage parking, but does require payment. See the UW Transportation Services parking page for details about this and other campus garage parking options.
The School of Social Work building is located at 4101 15th Avenue NE (across from Schmitz Hall). The building's front entrance is wheelchair accessible, and elevators are available. To request disability accommodation, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 (voice), 206-543-6452 (TTY), 206-685-7264 (fax), or firstname.lastname@example.org preferably 10 days in advance.
Contact Dave Morrin, UW School of Social Work Recruitment Coordinator, at email@example.com or 206.685.2425.