Applications for the UW School of Social Work-WDI open for the 2024–2025 cycle in Dec., 2023. This conditional grant is open for incoming Advanced Standing, Day and EDP MSW applicants and current EDP students entering their second year in the fall of 2024.
All current MSW students must have two years left in their academic program to apply.
Here are the steps required to complete your application to the UW-Seattle School of Social Work’s WDI Ballmer Behavioral Health Grant program. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. This is a helpful checklist that summarizes the steps below.
Please note, current UW-Seattle students may skip Step A and start at Step B.
Step A (Applicable only for incoming students): Submit UW-Seattle School of Social Work MSW Application (Open now for the 2024–25 academic year).
- By 1/16/2024, 11:59 p.m. PT for full-time Day Program and Advanced Standing Program applicants, and priority deadline for MSW Extended Degree Program applicants.
- By 2/15/2024, 11:59 p.m. PT for part-time Extended Degree Program applicants.
- This grant is based on unmet financial need. Regardless of status, you must submit the WASFA or FAFSA to be considered for WDI.
- International or DACA students should use the WASFA application.
Step C: Complete the WDI application via the WDI State Portal:
- Applications open Dec. 15, 2023 for the 2024–2025 academic year.
- Submit by March 1, 2024 for all applicants.
WDI State Portal Instructions
- Enter the application portal and create a profile.
- Begin your application and select “UW-Seattle” (If you are completing multiple school applications, you must individually apply for each WDI program).
- Complete all short-answer essays adhering to the suggested word counts.
After completing the WDI State Portal application, you may be contacted by a UW-Seattle School of Social Work program coordinator to clarify any questions regarding your application.
NOTE: If you do not complete and submit all the following steps by their respective deadlines, you will not be considered for the Workforce Development Initiative for the 2024–25 application round.