School of Social Work COVID-19 Communications and Action Team
To maintain a strong coordination of effort across the School and the dissemination of reliable and timely information, we have established an ad-hoc COVID-19 Communications and Action Team to serve as points of contact for questions and concerns community members may have regarding:
- Preparing the School community for any impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak;
- Keeping the School community closely connected to rapidly developing information, policies and directives from UW administration regarding outbreak and larger UW responses;
- Coordinating all School communications and actions around the COVID-19 outbreak.
Our goal is to preserve access, excellence and quality of life for our students, staff and faculty, despite the COVID-19 outbreak.
Members of the team include:
- Dean Eddie Uehara—Overall responsibility for communications with the social work community and with the UW administration.
- Associate Dean for Academic Affairs Tessa Evans-Campbell—Responsible for all academic programs and instructional needs of faculty and students.
- Assistant Dean of Field Education Rachel Wrenn—Responsible for overseeing all field placement operations for students.
- Assistant Dean for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Kalei Kanuha—Responsible for communications and actions related to the impact of the outbreak on the communities and populations we serve.
- Associate Dean for Faculty Excellence David Takeuchi and Associate Dean for Research Rona Levy—Responsible for research programs and research centers.
- Assistant Dean of Finance & Administration Vicki Anderson-Ellis—Primary link to all SSW faculty, staff and students with respect to health and safety of the SSW building and community preparedness, including human resources questions for staffing and business continuity.
- IT Director Jon Hauser—Responsible for all technology solutions for mission-driven activities in teaching, research and service.