Welcome admitted MSW students for the 2020-2021 academic year!
Congratulations on your acceptance to School of Social Work MSW program! Here you will find information on next steps, resources to get you established as a student, and other UW resources.
After you accept your offer of admission, pay for your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit, and create your UW NetID/UW email, we will reach out and connect you with additional resources and information (on a rolling basis).
Complete right away
- Enrollment Confirmation Deposit
(Please use firstname.lastname@example.org instead of the outdated email@example.com if you need assistance paying the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit)
- Background Check - please refer to your offer letter
All students need to set up BOTH their UW NetID and UW email in order to access Canvas and other UW/School of Social Work applications.
- Financial Support & Scholarships (SSW webpage)
- GFIS: Graduate Funding Information Service (campus wide resource for admitted and current graduate students)
- UW Graduate School Funding resource
- There are many factors to consider when looking into housing in Seattle including cost, neighborhood, on-campus or off-campus housing, commute options, and more. Our Housing in Seattle guide walks you through typical housing considerations and provides you with the information you need to make an informed decision.
MSW Program Format and Schedule
More information regarding registration for classes and schedules will be sent in June. Students will not register for classes until then.
- It is a program requirement that all admitted Social Work students will need to become compliant with the current CDC recommended screenings and immunizations in order to be placed in practicum. There are no exemptions for personal or religious reasons, although students may be exempt from a specific immunization from a medical provider outlining the medical reason for the exemption.
Your CastleBranch account for immunization requirements will be DIFFERENT from your background check, please do not upload any immunization related documents until you receive more details from Student Services.
Day and EDP students will receive information shortly AFTER May 15th. More information will be forthcoming.
*Advanced Standing students - Some students may have received an email from Hall Health regarding measles documentation, please disregard as it was a mistake.
- All admitted students admitted into our MSW DAY and EDP programs are required to complete a course in Statistics before they are able to enroll in specific courses in the program. For details, see Statistics Requirement. Please hold onto any documentation for the Statistics requirement until further instructions are sent from Student Services.