- MSW students who are starting an advanced practicum either in summer or autumn quarter for the academic year.
- Students who are placed in an advanced practicum placement that meets the criteria for the training grant (behavioral health direct practice across the lifespan).
- Students in direct practice concentrations.
- American citizens, noncitizen nationals or permanent residents (as per grant regulations).
***2nd year DAY and ADVANCED STANDING students in their advanced practicum are eligible for the Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 cohort. EDP students in their advanced practicum are eligible for the Summer 2019 - Winter 2020 cohort.**
- To recruit and provide specialized training to a cadre of outstanding social work practitioners committed to careers in behavioral health, working with individuals across the lifespan who are at risk of or who have developed a behavioral health disorder.
- A specialized field education experience for MSW students in their concentration year who are in behavioral health field education placements. Awardees will receive $10,000 stipends. 29 trainees will be accepted into the program per academic year starting in Winter 2018 through 2021.
- Students are eligible to apply regardless of other stipends or financial support. However, students must confirm with other funding sources (for example, stipend grantor or financial aid office) and the Northwest Leaders in Behavioral Health Program that they may combine this stipend with other funds without penalty. If granted a behavioral health program stipend, these students may be required to decline and/or return another stipend they are scheduled to receive, or return and/or reduce their financial aid awards.
- NOTE: Students receiving another federal grant and who have already made a commitment to their practicum site will not be eligible. If you have any questions, please contact the program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
The program is supported by a federally funded Behavioral Health Workforce Education and Training grant from Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA: M01HP31384-01-00).