Thanks to the dedication, quick thinking and ingenuity of nine staff members, supported by a group of very generous donors and friends, the School established the 2020 Social Work Student Emergency Fund in record time.
Staff who came together to conceptualize, plan and launch the new fund are:
- Vicki Anderson-Ellis, Office of the Dean
- Saul Clifasefi, Office of the Dean
- Nicole Guenther, BASW Program
- Jennifer Maglalang, Office of Admissions
- Lin Murdock, Office of Student Services
- Hoang Ngo, PhD Program
- Lidia Sanchez, Office of Admissions
- Julie Sun, Office of Advancement
- Aliyah Vinikoor, MSW Program
“In these extraordinarily challenging times, our students’ safety, health and well-being are top of mind for the School of Social Work,” said Dean Eddie Uehara. “Please join me in thanking our heroic staff who worked so hard to make this happen. We hope their super-human efforts will provide some relief for our deserving students.”
The fund provides one-time support to cover a variety of needs—from assistance with living expenses to help with education costs. Applications are due by April 9 at midnight. Students can apply here. Awards will announced by April 15.