The University of Washington offers Canvas, a learning management system that provides a package of interactive tools for managing course websites and delivering educational materials.
With Canvas, you can:
- Easily create and manage a course website.
- Enhance student learning with interactive tools such as discussion boards, chat rooms, quizzes, on-line submissions, shared spaces for group work and more.
- Link to on-line course materials.
Use the Course Support Help Request Form to:
- Request a new course website
- Copy a previous course website
- Submit general course support-related questions
- Request Canvas training or refresher
Notice: SSW Tech and UW IT no longer support Catalyst course tools: Common View website, Collect It (Drop Box), and GoPost (Discussion). These have been replaced with Canvas. WebQ is still available to use for surveys.
Course Materials and Reserve Support
Many materials for course reading assignments are now available online through the UW Library. Depending on copyright restrictions, you may either print and upload a PDF copy of articles to your website or link directly to the electronic journal. Make sure all pdfs are in "text-selectable" format.
Selections from printed books may also be used for course readings. Please observe the "one chapter" copyright rule. Bring these materials to the main office so they can be copied in an accessible format.
How to copy Course Materials:
Follow these steps if course-reserve materials are not available online and require copying:
- Request a School of Social Work website. Once your templated website is created, you will receive an email with instructions on how to log into your course.
- Bring your materials to the main office on the second floor.
- Fill out the Copy Request Form located at the front desk, and leave the completed form and your materials on the "to be copied" shelf.
- Research Commons staff will contact you via e-mail when your materials are scanned and uploaded.