The first step is to apply to the UW School of Social Work MSW degree program. Each applicant must receive an offer of admission before applying to CWTAP. Applicants who are offered admission to the MSW program will receive email invitations to apply to CWTAP along with application packets.
All applications must be completed and submitted by the deadline. After the deadline, applicants will be notified if they are selected for interviews.
All non-Department of Children, Youth and Family employee applicants must successfully complete background checks and reviews of state records regarding reports of child abuse and neglect. Because CWTAP applicants may be future DCYF employees, applicants must also provide documentation verifying employment eligibility within the United States. DCYF employees must obtain the approval of their local regional administrators to be considered for CWTAP.
Each applicant must submit the following materials to complete the application process.
- CWTAP application form
- Photocopy of acceptance letter from UW School of Social Work MSW
- Two letters of reference
- Regional administrator’s approval (for DCYF employees only)
- Typewritten, two-page essay describing their interest in public child welfare work
- Completed background-check authorization form (DCYF employees exempt)
- Completed employee eligibility (I-9) form (DCYF employees exempt)
- Photocopies of Social Security card and picture identification such as a driver’s license or passport