Primary audiences for CWTAP are:
- Current Washington State Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) employees interested in obtaining degrees in social work in order to enhance their knowledge and skills in delivering services to families and children;
- Other DSHS/state employees interested in obtaining Master of Social Work degrees and making career commitments to public child welfare practice; and
- Potential DCYF employees who are interested in obtaining Master of Social Work degrees and making career commitments to public child welfare practice.
The primary objectives of CWTAP are:
- To support social work within diverse cultural frameworks;
- To tap the full potential of families;
- To effectively engage communities; and
- To collaborate with other professionals and human service systems.
- Customized field education experience for social workers who may work for the DCYF;
- Learning experiences that enhance social work practice; and
- Educational assistance for current and potential DCYF social workers.